Background

Saturday, February 5, 2011

By the Way

For those of those you who have not yet heard; I have been called to serve as the new second counselor of the Relief Society presidency. Yes, I thought it was a joke too, when they asked me. Me, the most dis-organized, scatter brained and un-inspired person that I know. But I accepted the calling, and now, a few short weeks later, I am finally begin to get the hang of it. I was so overwhelmed the first couple of weeks that all I could do was cry. Thankfully I have a wonderful sister who is also the second counselor in the RS presidency and she helped convince me that I could do it.
The RS president told us that she is not often inspired either but she woke up one morning and she just knew that I need to be there with her. Recently I have begun to understand why. It's funny how our Heavenly Father brings things into your life. I have had my testimony strengthened since I accepted this calling and I hope that I can share it with everyone more often.

1 comment:

ShayLynn said...

You will do great! Callings can mold us into great women! I know that you will be blessed in your calling! Good Luck!